Monday, May 30, 2016

Week 99 - May 30, 2016


Me and my puppy friend.

Our soon to be baptized and her family 
(she's holding the doggy and her name is Carolina)

Well well well...Where do I begin?? This week was super great, and on top of everything today is officially my very last pday in the field. Where did the time even go??

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...............Did y’all get the joke??? Because that is how many days I have left out here! Bahahah I am hilarious! Just kidding...but seriously trunkiness is inevitable.

In all seriousness I have learned so much since I have been out here. I’ve learned about the gospel, myself, people, culture, Portuguese (haha), sacrifice, diligence, responsibility, "and so forth"...I was talking with my companion and reflecting a little bit about the mission and came to the conclusion that it has been the furthest thing from easy. To say that these were the happiest two years of my life might be a bit of a stretch, but the BEST two years? The mission definitely wins that title. This is the best decision I’ve made in my life so far, and will be something I’ll look back on every day for the rest of my life. It has given me the chance to take advantage of learning so much about the gospel and to gain experience. No matter what anyone says, it can be the best two years. The mission has certainly opened up my eyes to what kind of blessings God has for those whose sacrifice something for Him. I have never felt His love for me as deeply and strongly as I have while serving those who need to feel the light that the Gospel brings. I have felt my testimony grow so rapidly as I have been doing this work. Looking back to the person I was to the person I am today, the physical appearance doesn’t seem too different (just the receding hairline...), but I can make out the spiritual differences that I have needed to go through to become more converted. That does not mean that I am a perfect person today by any means, but that I know the way I can become the person God wants me to be. Sometimes we ask for miracles to happen in our lives and we look for the miracles that happen around us, but it can be easy to forget and overlook the miracles that God does inside of us. This email is kind of all over the place, but I know today more than ever that the gospel is the right path for someone to find their way back to their heavenly home.

See you all soon!
 #i'llbehomeforchristmas

Tchau!
Elder Buck

Last mirror selfie for the folks.

As camisas que compramos para mostrar que gostamos de futebol kkkkk

A family we have been teaching, super gente boa! 


Morales messing around with my camera...

#tchaubrasilitsbeengood


No comments:

Post a Comment