Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 22 - December 8, 2014


A cool dock here is Biguaçu and also the nasty nasty water that flows beneath it...

Oi!

So I don’t really remember all that much from this week other than it was really REALLY hot and sunny. But I have to say I am super grateful AZ prepared me for it! Haha Its hard to want to go outside right now, but we have work to do! The weeks have been pretty tough to remember, but I’ll give it a go.

Cool Thing: We had investigators show up for church! That was awesome. I love it when investigators decide to come to fast and testimony meetings, the spirit is always so strong. 

Weekly Difficulty: Like I said the weeks have been pretty tough in respect to teaching people. We teach a lot of the first lesson for people and after that a lot of them decide it’s not what they want to hear. So I guess the difficulty of the week(s) have been just not having a ton of people to teach for the amount of contacts we do. 

Interesting Character: I have to say this honor goes to Cleusa. We were doing a ton of contacts on Friday and we came to a house and met this woman. We came to find out that she actually is a member, has two kids, one of them is in the US going to school at BYU, and her husband is not a member. That was an interesting find! 

Spiritual Experience: This week was about prayer. I can tell each and every one of you that I know with all certainty that our Heavenly Father really hears and answers prayers. And that He truly loves every one of you and me more than we could possibly imagine. 

Scripture of the Week:  2 Nephi 4. I love this chapter. 

Love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Elder Buck

Brasileiros make killer hot dogs! (And Nick you would die over this soda)

Our last district meeting together! (In order from left to right) Elder Mendieta, he arrived in the field the same day as me and he's from Panama! Super cool guy, probably my best friend in the field! Next to him is Elder Anderson. He's American and from Pennsylvania...and next to him is Elder Magalhães my comp!

No comments:

Post a Comment