Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 70 - November 9, 2015

Hey Y'all!

So this week went really well in our efforts to try to get the members here visiting the less actives and stuff. We have our new ward mission leader and he has already done so much for us, he is really magnifying his calling super well! I think the work is hard right now but we are trying really hard to get the members involved and helping us out a bit. We are finding some people to teach and families to converse with, but the problem is that they are all SUPER hard to find at home and can be pretty flaky... we just need more people to teach and the branch needs to learn how to retain their members. It’s going to work out!

So in our area here there are SO MANY less active members and we had a good week of visits and trying to get some of them going back to church. Many have problems with addictions, with other members in the church, and with keeping commitments. But it is really incredible to see how everyone has a testimony of the things we believe. They all fell away from the church for not doing the simple things every day. I know it is something we hear all of the time - but seriously if we will read our scriptures, pray, have family home evening, go to church, fast, go to the temple, serve, MAKE COVANANTS and work everyday to build our testimonies, WHEN Satan comes to try and lead us away from the straight and narrow path, he wont be able to! (See Helaman 5:12)

Dad, it is very comforting for me to know that my parents are still serving, still going to church and trying to do what is right. I’ve seen too often on my mission families falling apart for a lack of true priesthood leadership in the home. It is SO important! And it helps me bear a stronger testimony on how the gospel truly blesses families and strengthens them. I am literally a personal witness of that principle! Continue always doing these things and it will be so worth it! And mom I love you so much and hope everything is going well over there, and thank you so much for everything you are doing to help me and support me, I’m so lucky to have you as a mother!

This church is so true!

Elder Buck

p.s. Sorry no pictures today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment