Monday, September 8, 2014

Week 9 - September 8, 2014

OPA!

This week was very cool so I’ll do my best to put in as much detail as possible!

Monday was P-DAY and we really didn’t get anything done that we wanted which was a bummer, but it was awesome to hear from you all once again!

Tuesday was kind of uneventful but I really learned a lot about myself concerning my knowledge of the Restoration and everything that happened before, after, in between, EVERTHING. I also realized that most of my time was spent learning the language in the CTM and I need to learn a little more doctrine! Which is cool and leads me to my next point...

Wednesday I don’t remember…sorry! (I swear this e-mail gets better…)

But THURSDAY! We taught our VERY FIRST INVESTIGATOR: Zelia :) We taught her the restoration and the Plan of Salvation. Elder Magalães taught the whole Restoration part in which I believed I knew pretty well after studying on Wednesday. Then he turns to me after and says, "Alright, teach about God." And boy was my first sentence great! "Nos temos um amoroso Pai Celetial."...You know and at this point I thought to myself," Wow, Bailey, what do you know about God? There’s so much to say, but I don’t know how to say what’s on my mind AND have her understand 100% what I’m saying." At this point I looked to my companion and he got the clue that I had no idea what else to say, so he went ahead and took over. Boy did I feel kind of dumb! It was a good learning experience because I learned how important it is to plan the lessons before hand with your companion. Haha. The missionaries (especially me) are not perfect ☺ 

Friday we had Zone conference in which all of us had to wake up at 5:00 and head for the bus station. (Wow I really dislike buses.) We got to the chapel where every Elder/Sister in our zone congregated for training, instruction, etc. About one week prior to the conference the zone leaders asked if our district (Biguaçu #2) would do a special musical number for 25 other Elders/Sisters. We said yes, of course, and put it off for about, I dunno...A WEEK. The night before we went to our church building in Biguaçu to figure out what song to sing out of the hymn book. We ended up not being able to decide because one of the Elders in our district never wanted to sing the song the other 3 Elders picked. (I’m not going say who either!) We came to the mutual agreement that we (I) would sing "I Know that my Redeemer Lives"...when we showed up to the chapel the morning of the zone conference. YAY. No practice or anything I sang my heart out. Mom you would be so proud and so horrified because it was truly so awful. Maybe when I have time next week I can go into a little more detail but as I finished, I just had to walk back to my seat without making any eye contact and sit down and not say another word for the rest of the conference because it was pretty embarrassing! Good thing we are in Brasil and I don’t know anyone here! Next...

Saturday I felt the Saviors love for me so so much. I was reading the book by Elder Ballard in the missionary library called, "Our Search for Happiness" This book is my favorite. I was in a section of the book where it was talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I came across a part in the book when he said something to the effect of "may we not forget the sweet account of when the Savior visited the Nephites in the Americas (3 Nephi 17)" I went to the scripture and nearly cried like a little baby because Christ loves us so much and when we show our faith for him, he is so happy and so pleased with us. I would encourage all of you to read it and hopefully it will speak to your heart as much as it did to mine. Another quote from the book that I really loved was "You find yourself wanting to do what He would do and respond as He would respond in an effort to bring your life into harmony with His. And an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ´s footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way he walked - loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way - one day you´ll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God." The book is so good!

Sunday we had fast and testimony meeting. First, I have learned to appreciate the sacrament. It’s awesome. Second, the people here have such strong testimonies of the gospel. I never know 100% of what they are saying (ever), but I can understand the Spirit. The Spirit will always testify of truth. The Book is Blue my friends!

That it really it for this week! 

Eu amo vocês!
Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment