Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Week 14 - October 14, 2014


















































So this week was a little crazy (and slow might I add...) and the work didn’t really accelerate all that much, but things are all good! SO first sorry I didn’t email yesterday, Magalhães and I were in Florianópolis ALL DAY and we didn’t get a chance to email at all. It was a real bummer! So - no I haven’t died mom so you can stop worrying! :) 

So last Monday we were in Floripa again to pick up some stuff at the hospital for Elder Magalhães, and it turns out he has nothing wrong with his kidneys but instead has a problem with his spine. So once a week he will have to do physical therapy for a while. The next day we were in Floripa again because he needed to sign some stuff for the President and I needed to pick up a special something from the post office. Oh you know... just a flippin’ box that was sent for my Birthday! (And by the way I am sorry to those I did not respond to last week concerning my Birthday, I had like two minutes on the computer.... but I certainly felt the love! So thank you!) I had to carry this sucker for like a whole two miles from the post office, to the bus station, from the bus to my house. I swear mom put bricks or something inside... but I got the box on Tuesday and waited to open it until Sunday. This made my week feel like an eternity, but boy was it cool to open it on Sunday! Thank you so much for everything…it was awesome!!

Tuesday night we had ward activity and had planned this activity called "Gato ou Cachorro". haha It was super funny cause Elder Magalhães and elder Albano dressed up like a cat and a dog and the ward mission leader made the comparison between the two animals and the members. Sometimes like a cat we don’t really do anything or are just super lazy and sometimes we are like the dog that is over enthusiastic and sometimes gets preoccupied with other things. The last point was that we really cant make this comparison cause we aren’t cats or dogs, but children of God, and everyone on earth are brothers and sisters and this is what we ought to remember when we do missionary work. It was cool! 

Wednesday I don’t remember other than we now have another new investigator named Giovanni. We have only met with him once but he is 23 and has a true desire to follow the will of God and is really cool. He seems pretty interested and I hope he really starts to progress! 

Thursday we had Zone conference, which was good. We have two new zone leaders who are really awesome (and crazy) and it was good to see all of these different missionaries. 

Friday we came across this crazy drunk lady who wanted money to buy more alcohol and it was really weird but funny encounter. Definitely a story ill remember for a long while... 

Saturday we helped a member move their whole house all day and that was cool. It was really the first time we have done any service in a long while and it felt good. 

Sunday was nuts. It was fast Sunday so sacrament meeting was really awesome. The members here have really really strong testimonies. After we had lunch with the member we had helped move the day before and that was good. I was really surprised that everything was put away and organized before getting there. The people here are notorious for simply not finishing things... but it was good! That night we were invited to the elders quorum presidents house to celebrate my Birthday which was really really awesome they made me a cake and pizza ad sung for me and everything. I definitely felt the love! 

My love for the work grows more and more every day and things are going great. Definitely going through that refiners fire and boy is it hot!

Love you all,
Elder Buck 

No comments:

Post a Comment