Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 15 - October 20, 2014

The lake next to our house

My new house shoes :)

My birthday cake from last week HAHA

Well this week went a lot quicker than the past two let me tell ya! But here we go...

Cool Thing: This week on Friday our Zone got together for a family history fair thing where people could just walk into the church building and learn about family history and more about our church. The missionaries' job was to simply proselyte on the street to get people to walk in for just 5-10 minutes. Haha It was awesome and a lot of people were really interested.

Interesting character: Elder Albano started to talk with this guy who was walking down the street in the same direction as us, and asked him a few questions to break the ice. Questions like are you married, what do you do for work etc... The last question Elder asked was, "Do you drink chimarrão?" This is why it was interesting. The man proceeded to respond by saying, "No, I just smoke a lot of weed." Wow... we didn’t make any more conversation with him because it just got kinda weird...

Funny Things: Well the weed guy could certainly fit into this category, but I’ll put this guy I met (wow I am awful with names) at the fair thing. We were all sort of wrapping things up at the end and just talking when this guy walks up, looks at me and says, "well…are you gonna speak English with me?!" At this moment I just exclaimed, "Yes!" And preceded to give this guy a big ol’ hug and it was glorious! I didn’t even know the guy. But I found out he served his mission in Oregon a few months ago and it was awesome. Oh and I also found out that Calvin Thomas from Highland High School is in my mission so that’s pretty cool!

Weekly Difficulties: Elder Magalhães lost his phone on the omnibus... my bed kinda broke... and yeah that’s all!

Spiritual Experience: During church yesterday we were sitting in gospel principles with a family of investigators we have, and the lesson was about the roles within the family. I was just sitting there listening and I hadn’t felt this kind of love for my own family as I did in this moment. The instructor asked the son of the family, "when was the very last time you gave your mom a really great big hug, and kiss on the cheek?" He responded with, "Well, I don’t really know..." and this just made me feel really sad - but really happy knowing I have a really great, loving family at home. It also made me think about how big that hug and kiss will be from my mom and dad when I get home in.... 2 years HaHa. I love my Family!

I love you all so much! Till next week!


Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment