Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 13 - October 6, 2014


Did I get  my package?? Why YES I did!!

Mom I’m really sorry but I only have forty-five minutes to write and read all of my messages. Then we have to head to Floripa (Florianópolis) on the bus for about half an hour walk half an hour to the mission home walk back to the bus station and take the bus back home for thirty minutes and try to make it home - all before 7:00!

So my week was really really good, but really really slow. Nothing big happened except for getting the package. Thank you so much! Thanks to that I was also able to make peanut butter milkshakes for everyone, which was cool! We had another lesson with one of our progressing investigators, Zelia, and we asked her to say the prayer again. It was so simple and so sincere and I really think she received her answer. She started to break down in tears and it was so cool. The Spirit is strong in Brasil!

Elder Abano has a new companion who I really like. He’s been in the field one transfer longer than me, he Brazilian and his name is Elder Coelho. Super cool guy!

On Tuesday one of the members from our ward was involved in a terrible motorbike accident and got was hurt very badly. He has seven broken bones and a collapsed lung. He’s doing aright, but it was one week before he was supposed to get married. That was a real bummer.

I was able to watch all of conference in Portuguese and it was really hard to understand, but there were some really great talks and there is always something we can be doing as members to help in this great work. We truly do have a living prophet who leads and guides this church. I love the gospel! 

Love To All!

Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment