Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 16 - October 27, 2014


Welp folks. It’s been a pretty good week. Let me just fill you in a little bit!

Cool Thing: Yesterday we knocked SO MANY DOORS in a part of the city we haven’t done work in yet and it was the best experience doing contacts since I’ve been out here. I can honestly say I really REALLY dislike doing contacts because they are so hard and so SO awkward sometimes, but this time was different for some reason. I can also really say that it makes a world of a difference doing contacts with the Spirit. He helps so much. Nothing really happened in specific but I can say the next few weeks will be crazy with appointments, lessons, etc. I’m really looking forward to that!

Interesting Character: Carol... This woman is an investigator we found in our area book. She had been taught by sisters before us and had a Book of Mormon and three of our pamphlets, gospel principles book, everything. This should be a good lesson right? Yeah! NO. She was the craziest lady... she started talking about mermaids and all of the stuff she believed and it was kind of ridiculous. We asked her why she thought God didn’t just appear to her and tell her what church is true and he response was, “He’s timid." It was just an interesting lesson needless to say.

Funny Thing: The district has decided to stop using all slang and we soon realized that we really don’t have an extensive word choice or a big vocabulary at all. I dare you to try this for one whole week. Oh, and we also figured out why there are only Elders in our district too. I guess there is a rapist running around Biguaçu so they thought it would probably be best to take the sisters out of our area...so anyway!

Weekly Difficulty: I’ve felt pretty crappy all week and I’ve been drinking water with a "fermented smell" whatever that’s supposed to mean Haha!

Spiritual Experience: Elder Magalhães has needed to go to the physical therapist every day all this week and every day without fail while I’m waiting in the lobby, the Lord had provided with somebody to talk to about our religion and God's plan. I gave out 5 Book of Mormons in 5 days. It was super cool!

Well that’s really it for this week I love you all and hope you’ve all had a good week!

Till next time,
Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment