Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 18 - November 10, 2014



Me and Elder Coelho

Me and Elder Albano

Hey There!

Well, I’m officially going into my third transfer in the field and boy it went fast. The first one not so much , but the second...WOW. And I thought with absolute surety my companionship with Magalhães would come to an end and I would be transferred somewhere else, but the Lord thought different! (See Isaiah 55:8-9) I am in the same area with the same companion again! Still trying to decide if I’m happy about this or not, there is obviously something I need to learn in this area with this companion that I haven’t discovered yet. I’ll make sure to keep y’all in the loop! Hahaha... 

Cool Thing: With the whole transfer week and all, I get to stay with my companion. That’s cool, but what’s even cooler (maybe, not quite sure yet...I’m keeping my hopes up here) is that the 2 other missionaries in our house moved to different areas and we don’t have other missionaries moving in with us. As a result, Nós vamos ter menos sujo em casa. Com certeza! Yippie! Less dishes, less gross stuff in the bathroom, less wet clothes in the washing machine, more water, less sweeping to do, and just simply more space. Our house was just simply too small for 4 people. So that’s really cool! On top of all of this, we are going to have WAY more work to do and more investigators and more lessons being taught and I just have a feeling we are going to find success this transfer. I am super pumped! I don’t know about y’all at home, but  I’m feeling the first Baptism in Biguaçu for the past 1 1/2 years coming on...So yeah that is really cool!

Sad Thing: The other 2 Elders left today... I’m going to miss those guys a ton! Elder Albano especially. He was our district leader here in Biguaçu for the past 2 1/2 transfers and he was probably my favorite guy out here. I know for a fact (and I’m sure you guys do to...) missionaries are most certainly not perfect, but Elder Albano showed me that you can come really close. He was really really cool. I will miss that guy!

Interesting Character: RONALDO. Where do I even begin with this guy??? I am going to go ahead and keep this pretty short ,but Ronaldo is a less active member in our branch here in Biguaçu and...you know what…I’m just going to go ahead and tell you his story. It goes a little like this: He is 154 years old, he used to Know English, Spanish, and Italian before his accident where he was shot with a gun under the chin and bullet came out of the back of his head. As a result he no longer remembers any of it, he has had so many children and women that he has officially lost count. He is a worldwide military sergeant, and has now settled down in Brasil because of his bad knee. We are currently in the process of getting him reactivated but I’m not so sure he can make it to church. He has A LOT of commitments now with the bike gangs here in Biguaçu. 

Weekly Difficulty: Getting Ronaldo to church...

Spiritual Experience: Elder Magalhães and I were walking down the street on our way to a lunch appointment with one of the members here and while we were walking, a man and his wife walked past us and the man kind of gave us a weird look. We said good morning and he walked maybe another 50 yards before turning around yelling for us to stop. We turned around and walked in his direction and started talking with this guy. He asked us, "Are you guys missionaries?" We replied "yes, have you conversed with the missionaries before?" He said no but what he said next was really cool. " I would really like to have a visit from you guys in my house this next week. I’ve been diagnosed with throat cancer and it is looking really bad. I am not exactly sure why, but of every person I’ve talked with about religion just doesn’t seem right to me. I’ve really been looking for salvation but I haven’t known where to find it. You guys think you could visit me this week?" UH DUH!!! Hahaha no we said yes and marked a date with him this week and needless to say, I am so excited to see what’s next. I really REALLY have my hopes up for this man because not just anybody stops dead in their tracks, turns around, yells at us to stop, and suddenly starts talking about salvation and stuff. Please keep this guy in your prayers! 

Scripture of the Week: I really enjoyed reading in Alma 23 this week. It talks a little about becoming truly converted to the Lord and laying down our weapons of rebellion. I would love to hear what you have to say! 

Thank you for all of your love and prayers this week. I love each and every one of y’all! The Church is True!!

Till next week,
Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment