Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 19 - November 17, 2014



You know me, just hangin' around!


This is what happens when you miss your bus 
out of an area really far away from the house. 
You sleep at the house of the Zone leaders like this!

Opa! 

This week was pretty short and uneventful so don’t be surprised if this email is short and uneventful...

Cool Thing: The work is progressing! And I can officially do contacts with people on my own now!

Interesting Character: Ronaldo always...This week we found out that he entered college at the age of six. Yeah...

Funny Thing: Presidente Soza in the stake presidency here is pretty flippin’ hilarious! We had stake conference this week and he used a shepherd’s staff and a lifeguard floaty to describe how the members need to work. Haha I’ll let you guys try to figure that one out! Good times...

Weekly Difficulty: We lost Zelia, one of our best investigators, this week...that was really sad.

Spiritual Experience: MY spiritual experience was during the interview with the mission president. We discussed D&C 19 and that was really awesome but at the end he asked me if he could do anything for me and I said no, but that I really hope I get to know him and the rest of his family throughout my mission. At this moment I felt Impressed to tell him about a part in my Patriarchal Blessing that describes how I need to watch and follow the example of my mission president as he exercises his responsibility as the mission president and demonstrates love for his family, especially his wife. His example will in large measure form a foundation in which I will build my family... more or less like this! And I really could feel that he felt the spirit and his eyes were opened a little. It was super cool!

Scripture of the week: Romans 12 is fantastic. In seminary I had written in my scriptures at the top of this chapter saying, "DONT FORGET WHAT YOU WERE FORORDAINED TO BE." And if you decide to read this part I’d like for you to just keep that in mind. I love this chapter! 

Eu sei esta igreja é verdadeira. Eu sei O Livro de Mórmon é a palavra de Deus. Eu sei que Cristo vive e Ele nos ama. Eu sei por causa do sacrifico dele, cada um de nós pode voltar na presença de Deus. Eu amo Ele e amo esta obra. Eu sei a obra do missionário e MUITO importante. Através esta obra nos podemos ajudar nossos irmãos tem um conhecimento de seu Salvador e Redentor. E como cada um de nós não pode ter felicidade real nesta vida sem Ele. Esta obra é maravilhosa! 

Eu amo vocês e realmente espero que vocês tenham uma semana muito boa! Tchau!

-Elder Buck

Translation:
I know this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Christ lives and He loves us. I know because of His sacrifice, each of us can get back into God's presence. I love Him and love this work. I know the work of the missionary is VERY important. Through this work we can help our brothers have a knowledge of their Savior and Redeemer, and that each of us can not have real happiness in this life without Him. This book is wonderful!  I really love you and hope you have a very good week! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment