Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 31 - February 9, 2015


Welp there goes another week! And so you know, it was not too incredibly exciting but I’ll try to fill y’all in!

Cool thing: Well I totally gave my first 10-minute talk during sacrament meeting yesterday and wow wasn’t that stressful! Bahahaha It went better than I thought considering I prepared it all the day before and I don’t speak Portuguese very well. The Lord definitely guided me!

Funny thing: Played basketball today and Brazilians are miserable hahaha


Interesting Character: CECILIA. So we were at the home of an older lady who goes to church every week and is super nice. We left a message with her and after we asked if she knew anyone that would like to hear a message. She said she is always sharing stuff with all of her friends, but at the moment not really. During one of our zone conferences when Elder Claudio Costa spoke to us he instructed us to get references from the members. And when they say they don’t have anyone to give to us, then we should ask if they have an enemy that needs to hear a message from the missionaries. We did just that with this little old lady and she gave us a reference of Cecilia who lived across the street from her. But before going across the street to talk with her, this little lady told us that Cecilia was the most awful woman that she has ever met and she is just angry all the time. So we walked across the street to her house she was already out side and we greeted her and before we could even say that we were missionaries, she just said, "What do you want?" And we said we were missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and she responded by saying, "leave I don’t want to hear anything you have to say!" We kind of persisted and said, "We have a message that is super special for you, it’s about Christ and how we can be happy for all eternity!" She proceeded by saying," I’m already Catholic and I know that there is only one God not the fifty that you people preach!" Elder Cordeiro proceeded by saying," So if your Catholic, you believe in commandments and one of the greatest commandments is to love thy neighbor as thyself" then she continued by saying, "I don’t want to hear anything you have to say!" And then it was probably pretty bad what I said, "Look, I didn’t leave my house, my family, friends, school, and everything for nothing. We are hear to talk to you about how we can find our salvation and you don’t even have the time to listen for two minutes at what we have to say. How rude." Then she said leave so we did. That was a good one...but we figured we had pretty much taught a lesson right there. We had taught a little about commandments, sacrifice, salvation, love, and charity! Hahaha The only thing missing was a prayer! :)

Weekly Difficulty: I was walking on the street and this guy on his bike rode past and called me a prostitute and called my tie ugly :( Yeah…wasn’t exactly the biggest self-esteem booster....

Spiritual Experience: Yesterday me and Elder Coelho felt like we should knock doors on a specific street and found 4 new investigators in about 30 minutes so that was super powerful!

Scripture of the Week: Alma 26 Who wouldn’t want this kind of happiness!?

Love you all, hope your week was as interesting as mine! HAHA

Elder Buck

Can you identify the two Americans??

Cookin' like a boss...

What happens to your chair when you let another elder sit in it 
when you're not home...


No comments:

Post a Comment