Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 88 - March 14, 2016


 I love Guaraná #heartemoji


So there isn’t much to report this week, but Morales and I are working hard on getting this ward united again! There is a lot of drama here because of missionaries from the past, old leadership problems, apostasy, etc... But it looks like things are getting whipped into shape on our part. The members are marking more lunch appointments, people are coming back to church, referrals are starting to roll in, so it’s all good. We missionaries don’t have a lot of authority in respect to the members, but we sure are doing our part and everything they ask us to (within our limits).

My testimony has really grown a lot about sustaining our leaders and fulfilling our callings. Sometimes we just need to sustain our leaders and do our part and the rest (ward growth, unity, etc...) will all come around naturally. Put our pride to the side and let God’s will happen. My mission has not been anything less than great! One thing I have figured out on my mission is that if we put our faith in a people, we can expect to be disappointed. The only person we should put our faith in fully is Jesus Christ because He is not capable of letting us down or disappointing us. He will always lift us and help us to become better people. It must be part of God’s plan for us to learn to trust and confide solely in Christ.

Morales and I are doing really well together though! hahaha I swear we lived the same life before the mission! We have so many things in common its kind of creepy. Great guy! …and he’s teaching me Spanish too! You know what they say, " you gotta take advantage when the opportunity comes around." -Elder Buck

Love y’all and have a great week! Tchau!

Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment