Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 89 - March 21, 2016












Welp y’all, I’d really love to fill you in on what happened this week, but I’m afraid it would bore you to death...but mom insists so I guess I’ll say what happened hahaha. I’ll just start on Wednesday...

Wednesday: We had an appointment marked with a member that hasn’t been going to church for a while so we talked to him about Jesus and the atonement. It went really well. Afterwards we went to lunch at a restaurant nearby, ate quickly, and ran back home to get our stuff packed. There we took a bus at 4:30 going to Chapecó. There, Morales and I split up. I went with the companion of one elder all the way to Florianópolis and we got there at about 6:00 am or twelve hours later the next day.

Thursday: From the bus terminal we walked to the mission home and got there at about 6:30, then we went to the Internal Revenue Service place (Receita Federal) to get my CPF done (which should have been done a long time ago...) After that we ate lunch with the staff there in Floripa and then ran to the Bus terminal to get on the bus at 1:30 going to Itajaí (my second area and where the mission tour would take place the next day). When we arrived we went to the missionaries’ house there since no one was home, I decided to visit a couple families (fubeca!) that I used to know from that area hahaha. The missionaries got back and it was Elder William and his companion! We then helped them get stuff ready for the mission tour and then visited a dear family there (see picture) :) We slept over night in the same house with 14 other missionaries (16 in total...Que Horror) and....

Friday: We woke up early (to shower and stuff, I was looking and smelling like an animal) and we all headed over to the church building. We waited around forever for everyone to show up (100 missionaries and Elder Zwick). After the meeting, we had lunch and then me and 9 other missionaries sang a special musical number where I sang a SOLO for the first two lines of the song (QUE MEDO). We did pretty well I think....I mean, I didn’t screw up to bad this time!! And the meeting with Elder Zwick was super cool and I learned a lot on how to "Simplify, Intensify, and Testify". It was super great! Then at 4:30 pm we got back on the bus going back to Chapecó and arrived the next day (Saturday) at 5:30am.

Saturday: We walked from the chapel in Chapecó to the missionaries' house and we all slept for about 2 ½ hours before we had to wake up again and go to the bus terminal to get on our bus at 9:30. We got back to our area (Concórdia) at 11:30 where we walked home (super fast) to drop off our stuff and run to our lunch appointment at 12:00pm. (haha We took a taxi because my body wasn’t functioning properly I think.) We got there right at 12:00 and ate, we went home and I took a shower and died. Until Sunday morning haha…

Sunday: We went to church and afterwards had to walk up the biggest hill in the universe to go to a ward council meeting. Afterwards it starting raining like crazy for the rest of the day so we called it quits bahaha...

Exciting huh??? :)

Tchau!
Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment