Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Week 1 - July 16, 2014

Boy oh boy is it good hearing from you guys! I feel as if I'm spending time in a spiritual prison for the past six days and the week has gone by so slow. First, my pdays are on Wednesdays around 1:00ish. I miss all of you like crazy. It's insane to think that it's been a week since I've seen any of you! (BTW...I can't send pictures in the MTC unfortunately, and I can only type for about 45 minutes so please excuse my grammar and punctuation.)

The MTC is great. The spirit is so strong in this place and it's awesome to think about every missionary having the spirit walking by their side. It is incredible. My first companion's name is Elder Kagi and he is from a little town in southern England called Dorset. HaHa GOOFY kid, but his accent is freaking awesome! The other two companions in my district are Elder Stevens and Elder Hunt. Elder Stevens in a interesting kid but he is a little...STIFF. Elder Hunt is way cool though, he is Las Vegas and he is stronger than crud. He is 5'10" and benches 385 lbs. and dead lifts 635.

Uh the week has been hard. The language specifically. I feel like I just sleep off what I learned the previous day every day. It's been a tough one lately. I never thought I could miss my family and friends so much either.

A couple of nights ago I was feeling super down and missed everyone a lot. I prayed for comfort that night but felt just as poopy as I did before I prayed. I went to bed feeling like crap and couldn't really fall asleep. Elder Hunt asked if I was awake, and (this is maybe an hour after falling asleep) and I said yes. He proceeds to tell me that he loves me. What the heck! I didn't really understand what was happening until I asked him why he said that. He then said, "I don't know, I was just feeling it." At that very moment I busted into tears and I kinda let the spirit overwhelm me. I have never felt so incredibly loved by my Heavenly Father in my life. I came to realize that I'm not the only one going through what I am. Every missionary at the MTC is going through the same thing. Leaving their family, friends, jobs, etc. I would like to thank every single one of you for your prayers, the missionaries need them and can feel them.

Anyway...thought I would share a little highlight of my week. I love all of you soo soo much and miss you like crazy!

Love, Elder Buck

p.s. I really enjoy reading all of your emails!


No comments:

Post a Comment