Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 2 - July 23, 2014

Hello everyone!

Second week flew by! It feels like it was just yesterday when I was sitting down sending my first email. This week went by much quicker.

Wednesday: Last week after emailing, we got to go walk around the streets of Sao Paulo and explore the terrain for the very first time of the week. We hadn’t been outside the MTC, so it was awesome being able to walk around and breathe in the (not so) fresh air! I also can’t tell you how much I really cherished each of your emails and letters. They truly mean so so much! But when we were walking around it was awesome seeing all of the different people and things to do in Sao Paulo (which really isn’t that much) but it was still fun getting out of the classroom!

Thursday: We got two new sisters in our district who were at the Provo MTC, and they knew absolutely nothing so it was funny to watch them acclimate to the CTM here in Brasil like we had to! Haha They’re alright though! We get an hour of exercise time every day, which is really cool; I have learned that exercise is my stress release. Exercise is the best; we either work out with Elder Hunt or go play volleyball with the other elders, which is a blast. This day I started to gain more appreciation for the language, but it is still killing my vibe.

Friday: Had a district pose off after lifting weights.... Elder Hunt won.

Saturday: Honestly the day was a blur, I don’t even know...

Sunday: Sundays are the best! Sacrament meeting was amazing; a couple of sisters gave some great talks in which I really enjoyed. Sunday school, President Swensen taught about putting ourselves on the altar and from his lesson, I came away with a really great quote which really helped my perspective change a lot. "We (as missionaries) are sacrificing something good, for something BETTER." President Swensen is the bomb! After his lesson we had free time to do whatever we wanted so me and this other Black Elder from our Branch, decided to jam out on the piano. He can literally play anything. His name is Elder Herrera. This kid is sick, here’s a few songs he knows how to play:

-Frank Ocean – Thinkin’ Bout you/ Swim good
-Drake - Headlines
-2chainz - I’m Different
-Robin thick – Sweetest Love/Lost Without You
-Michael McDonald - What A Fool Believes
-Trey Songz - Na Na
-Alicia keys – Fallin’
-Childish Gambino - 3005/ Heartbeat
-John Legend - Ordinary People

Needless to say, we had a jolly good time hahaha!

Monday: Sweater day at the CTM! (The pictures are priceless!)

Tuesday: Realized I have gained 8 lbs. Whoa…rice and beans ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you thank you thank you for all of your love and prayers, I love you all!

A special shout out to SKYLAR, NICK, GRANDMA CAROL, DEANNE, RACHEL, and lastly MY MOM! I loved your letters…they were awesome! MUUUUUUUAHHHHH!

Elder Buck


No comments:

Post a Comment