Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 3 - July 30, 2014


Alrighty...I have no idea how its already Wednesday but here we go!

This week flew by. The days are very long but the weeks are so short!

Wednesday: PDAY Was super dope! I really really appreciated all of the emails thank you thank you Thank you! I love hearing about everything that is going on! It was our second day getting to walk the streets of Sao Paulo. We have no clue where we are going half the time, its still a blast. All I do know is that the cookie place across the street is bomb. Thanks mom for the Pringles and KIT KAT It definitely brought a smile to my face :) I also bought another tie from this place across the street. It's pink and looks FABULOUS!

Thursday: I'm convinced Thursdays are the most depressing days ever out here...PDAY hangover hahaha :) But Thursday was full of adventure too! Our whole district went to the Brazilian Police Station to get our fingerprints done and stuff. As me and the the other three Elders were waiting around, a tall white guy came up to us and asked us how long we had been serving. I'm going to call this guy John for now because I have no idea what his real name is... but anyway we told him we had barely been out for two weeks and were currently at the CTM in Brasil. He proceeded to tell us this awesome conversion story about when he was on his mission and helped this man find the truth. When John told this story, tears flowed and the Spirit was so strong. I didn't cry this time but his story was awesome. He had served in Sao Paulo South a year and a half ago. Super cool guy.

Friday: Elder Kagi and I were teaching our "investigator" Hugo about the Atonement. We taught all the basics on this topic and afterwards asked, "How did Christ take upon himself all of the sins of the world?" Silence. "Also if God can do anything and everything, then why didn't he just make everything be simple and easy?" Elder Kagi and I kinda looked at each other as our "investigator" asked a question that we couldn't answer in our native tongue, much less Portugese... We left Hugo without an answer and we got to the classroom and started our research. Needless to say, we found our answer, but I want y'all to find it for yourself, it built my testimony so so much. Christ loves us so much.

Saturday: I love to exercise :) More volleyball! Its fun playing with the soccer players cause they just use their feet. It's so funny! After exercise we did some service in the CTM sweeping the staircases. As we swept, we sang every song from Disney to Justin Timberlake. It was awful but you know the missionaries we're just trying to find joy through their loving service hahaha. That night we checked the mail, and I GOT SOME. There is nothing more exciting and exhilarating than getting mail. I may or may not have done a small pelvic thrust in front of my entire district, I don't knowww... But I would like to give a special shoutout to Leanna, Denice, Matt, Maddy, Becca and Rachel Riffey, and Dad :) Those letters made my day that much better.

Sunday: Sundays are sweet. We go to sacrament, go to priesthood,. gospel doctrine, then we do nothing for the rest of the day until the devotional at night. BOOYAH.

Monday: Bleh. Nothing really different or exciting happened.

Tuesday:Tuseday night devotional! The Sao Paulo west mission president came and spoke to us about how we can become the best missionaries we can be. He is one awesome guy and I loved what he had to say.

Today: We went to the Campinas Temple! It is so so unique and different. It was a great way to start the day and we were allowed to take our cameras this time! So expect some pictures in the next 3-4 weeks y'all ;) Oh and we found out like a hour ago that we have a new elder in our district so that should be different...

I just want to let everyone know how much I love and appreciate you, thank you for your prayers, the missionaries are truly blessed. I pray for my friends and family every night, and I know Heavenly Father answers prayers. Till Next week :)

Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment