Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 42 - April 27, 2015


Leaving Itajaí







Well folks it was that part of my mission again! I totally got transferred to Joinville and my new area is called Iririú. I am super stoked to be in a new area but super sad to leave Itajaí. That place was Zion.

Cool thing: I am now living in a home with 3 Brasilians and the amount of slang they use is outrageous. I’m learning their ways....and I look a lot like them so it’s pretty funny.

Funny thing: The elders in my last area and I did a short play for the Primary of when the Angel Moroni appeared to the boy Joseph and yeah… I’m pretty sure the kids had no idea what was even going on hahaha.

Weekly Triumph: I got Carlos a new bible that is approved by the church and "took away" his modern age bible that said some really whacky crap. hahaha I think he was happy!

Weekly Difficulty: Packing all of my stuff. I have a lot of things!

Spiritual Experience: Yesterday (Sunday) was my last day in Itajaí and the last time I would probably see any of those members for the rest of my life. Darlen walked up to me and shook my hand and just said, "Elder Buck, thank you so so much for everything you have done for me, my husband, and my kids. I wish you a very happy future and many blessings from God because you have helped bless the life of my family more than either you or I can fully comprehend. You helped us come to know of the true gospel of Jesus Christ." And for the first time I think in my entire life, I truly felt the happiness that this work brings all at once. The truthfulness of this Gospel and this church is so undeniable!

Scripture: D&C 18:15

I love you all and wish all of you a very good week! Tchau!
Elder Buck


No comments:

Post a Comment